有趣生活

当前位置:首页>科技>美剧口语练习看美剧学口语I

美剧口语练习看美剧学口语I

发布时间:2026-07-20阅读(1)

导读[INT:SolisHouse-LivingRoom-Day白天在索利斯家的客厅](Gabrielleisreturningfromashoppingtri....

[INT:Solis House-Living Room -Day白天在索利斯家的客厅]

(Gabrielle is returning from a shopping trip to find her husband and a lawyer in the living room加布丽尔购物回家发现丈夫和律师在客厅)

Gabrielle: Hi honey, Im back.

亲爱的,我回来了。

Carlos: Hey sweetie. This is Mr Steinberg, the attorney from the hospital.

宝贝,这是斯坦伯格先生,医院的律师。

Gabrielle: Oh, have we met?

我们见过面吗?

Mr Steinberg: Yes, Mrs Solis, weve met.

是的索利斯夫人,我们见过。

Carlos: Dont you remember, it was after Mama died. Apparently the hospital was negligent and agreed to a seven figure settlement cheque. A cheque I was never told about.

难道你不记得,妈妈去世以后,很明显是医院的失职,他们愿意偿付一笔7位数的和解金,一笔我根本不知道的钱。

negligent adj. 疏忽的;粗心大意的

Gabrielle: Oh that. Mr Steinberg?.

喔,那个啊 斯坦伯格先生

Mr Steinberg: I was just leaving.

我正准备走,

(Gabrielle and Carlos wait until Mr Steinberg closes the door before they start arguing.加布丽尔和卡洛斯等斯坦伯格先生关门离去后开始吵架)

Carlos: What were you thinking?

你到底在想什么呢

Gabrielle: Wait, just let me explain.

等等,听我解释一下

Carlos: No, why the hell didnt you tell me?

你居然不告诉我

Gabrielle: Because I couldnt trust you to make the right decision.

因为我不相信你能做出正确的决定。

Carlos: No, the right decision was to use that money for my lawyers. We could have fought the indictment and then I wouldnt have had to take the plea bargain.

正确的决定就是用这笔钱去付我的律师费,这样就能打赢官司,我就不用接受认罪协议。

Gabrielle: If you didnt take the plea deal the government would have seized the settlement.

如果你不接受认罪协议,政府会纠缠不清。

Carlos: Oh, we could have fought that in court.

那我们就继续打官司

Gabrielle: Exactly and then you would have blown all the money on lawyer.

没错,然后你会把所有的钱付给律师

[俚语学习]

blow vt. 挥霍(金钱),浪费(机会)

to blow ones money on something: 把钱都浪费在了某样东西上 .

He inherited over a million dollars and blew it all on drink and gambling.

他继承了100多万,全部挥霍在喝酒和赌博上了。

Carlos: Who cares! If there was a chance I didnt have to go to jail?

管他呢,只要有可能不去坐牢

Gabrielle: You had Laotian convicts sewing casual wear for 2 cents an hour. Dont you think you deserve a time out?

你让老挝的囚犯以每小时2分钱的工钱为你缝制休闲服,你不觉得你罪有应得吗?

Carlos: Eight months! Thanks to you Im going away for eight months.

8个月,我感谢你,我要去做8个月的牢

Gabrielle: And when you get out were going to have money to start over with. Thanks to me.

等你出来,你就会感谢我,多亏我我们才有资金东山再起

(She retrieves her shopping from the chair.她从椅子上一把抓起刚买的东西)

Gabrielle: You know once you calm down, youre going to realise I did the right thing and when that happens, Id appreciate an apology.

当你冷静下来,你就会发现我做了正确的决定。到那时我会欣然接受你的道歉

(Walks away leaving Carlos dumbfounded.加布丽尔走了留下卡洛斯目瞪口呆)

Copyright © 2024 有趣生活 All Rights Reserve吉ICP备19000289号-5 TXT地图HTML地图XML地图