发布时间:2024-01-23阅读(4)
I bought two expensive dictionaries here half an hour ago,
顾客:半小时以前我在这里买了两本很贵的辞典,
but I forgot to take them with me.
顾客:但是我忘了拿走。
Who served you,sir?
经理:是谁接待您的,先生?
The lady who is standing behind the counter.
顾客:站在柜台后面的那位女士。
Which books did you buy?
经理:您买的是两本什么书?
The books which are on the counter.
顾客:就是柜台上的那两本。
Did you serve this gentleman half an hour ago,Caroline?
经理:半小时前你接待过这位先生吗,Caroline?
He says hes the man who bought these books.
经理:他说他就是买这两本书的人。
I cant remember.
卡罗琳:我记不起来了。
The man who I served was wearing a hat.
卡罗琳:我接待的那个人戴了一顶帽子。
Have you got a hat,sir?
经理:您有帽子吗,先生?
Yes,I have.
顾客:有的,我有帽子。
Would you put it on,please?
经理:请您把帽子戴上好吗?
All right.
顾客:好吧。
Is this the man that you served,Caroline?
经理:这就是你接待过的那个人吗,Caroline?
Yes,I recognize him now.
卡罗琳:是的。我现在认出他来了。
Look,Scott.This is a photograph I took during my trip to Australia.
迈克:看,这是我到澳大利亚旅行时拍的一张照片。
Let me see it,Mike.
斯科特:让我看看,迈克。
This is a good photograph.
斯科特:这是一张很好的照片。
Who are these people?
斯科特:这些人是谁?
Theyre people I met during the trip.
迈克:他们是我旅行时认识的人。
Thats the ship we traveled on.
迈克:这是我们所乘的那条船。
What a beautiful ship!
斯科特:多漂亮的船啊!
Whos this?
斯科特:这是谁?
Thats the man I told you about.Remember?
迈克:这就是我跟你说过的那个人。还记得吗?
Ah yes.The one who offered you a job in Australia.
斯科特:啊,记得。就是在澳大利亚给你工作做的那个人。
Thats right.
迈克:对。
Whos this?
斯科特:这是谁?
Guess!
迈克:猜!
Its not you,is it?
斯科特:这不是你,对吗?
Thats right.
迈克:对的。
I grew a beard during the trip,
迈克:我在旅行时留了胡子,
but I shaved it off when I came home.
迈克:但我回到家时就把它刮了。
Why did you shave it off?
斯科特:你为什么把它刮了?
My wife didnt like it!
迈克:我妻子不喜欢!
Cant you come in and have tea now,Peter?
苏珊:你现在能进来喝茶吗,Peter?
Not yet.
彼得:还不能。
I must water the garden first.
彼得:我得先给花园浇水。
Do you have to water it now?
苏珊:你一定得现在浇吗?
Im afraid I must.
彼得:恐怕我得现在浇。
Look at it!Its terribly dry.
彼得:你看看,干得厉害。
What a nuisance!
苏珊:真讨厌!
Last summer it was very dry,too.
彼得:去年夏天也是干得很。
Dont you remember?
彼得:你不记得了吗?
I had to water it every day.
彼得:我不得不每天浇水。
Well,Ill have tea by myself.
苏珊:好吧,我一个人喝茶了。
That was quick!Have you finished already?
苏珊:好快啊!你已经浇完了?
Yes.Look out of the window.
彼得:是的。你看看窗外。
Its raining!
苏珊:下雨了!
That means you dont need water the garden.
苏珊:这就是说。你不必给花园浇水了。
That was a pleasant surprise.
彼得:这是意想不到的好事。
It means I can have tea,instead.
彼得:这意味着我反倒可以喝茶了。
Can you recognize that woman,Liz?
凯特:Liz,你能认出那个女人吗?
I think I can,Kate.
莉兹:我想我认得出来,Kate。
It must be Karen Marsh,the actress.
莉兹:那一定是女演员Karen Marsh。
I thought so.
凯特:我也这样想。
Whos that beside her?
凯特:她旁边的那个人是谁?
That must be Conrad Reeves.
莉兹:一定是Conrad Reeves。
Conrad Reeves,the actor?
凯特:Conrad Reeves,那个男演员吗?
It cant be.
凯特:不可能是。
Let me have another look.
凯特:让我再看一看。
I think youre right!
凯特:我想你是对的。
Isnt he her third husband?
凯特:他不是她的第3个丈夫吗?
No,He must be her fourth or fifth.
莉兹:不,他一定是他的第4个或第5个丈夫。
Doesnt Karen Marsh look old!
凯特:Karen看上去不显老嘛!
She does,doesnt she!
莉兹:是的,谁说不是呢!
I read shes twenty-nine,
莉兹:我从报上看到她是29岁,
but she must be at least forty.
莉兹:但她一定有40岁了。
Im sure she is.
凯特:我肯定她有40岁了。
She was a famous actress when I was still at school.
莉兹:当我还是学生时,她就是个著名的演员了。
That was a long time ago,wasnt it?
凯特:那是好久以前的事了,是吗?
Not that long ago!
莉兹:不,没有那么久。
Im not more than twenty-nine myself.
莉兹:我自己现在还没29岁呢。
Look,Gary!That policemans waving to you.
安:瞧,加里!那个警察正朝你挥手呢。
He wants you to stop.
安:他要你停下来。
Where do you think you are?
警察:你认为你现在是在哪儿?
On a race track?
警察:在赛车道上吗?
You must have been driving at seventy miles an hour.
警察:你刚才一定是以每小时70英里的速度开车。
I cant have been.
加里:我不会开得那样快的。
I was doing eighty when I overtook you.
警察:我是以每小时80英里的速度赶上你的。
Didnt you see the speed limit?
警察:难道你没看见限速牌吗?
Im afraid I didnt,officer.
加里:恐怕我没有看见,警官。
I must have been dreaming.
加里:我一定是思想开小差了。
He wasnt dreaming,officer.
安:警官,他思想没有开小差。
I was telling him to drive slowly.
安:我刚才正告诉他开慢点。
Thats why I didnt see the sign.
加里:所以我才没看见那牌子。
Let me see your driving license.
警察:让我看一看你的驾驶执照。
I wont charge you this time.
警察:这次我就不罚你款了。
But youd better not do it again!
警察:但你最好不要再开是这样快。
Thank you.Ill certainly be more careful.
加里:谢谢您。我以后一定会多加注意。
I told you to drive slowly,Gary.
安:加里,我刚才叫你开慢点吧。
You always tell me to drive slowly,darling.
加里:你总是叫我开慢点,亲爱的。
Well,next time youd better take my advice!
安:好啦,下次你最好还是听从我的劝告吧!
欢迎分享转载→http://www.youqulife.com/read-86686.html
Copyright © 2024 有趣生活 All Rights Reserve吉ICP备19000289号-5 TXT地图HTML地图XML地图